Dec. 12, 1981
I just finished reading Beyond Space and time. It
read very smoothly. Certainly it is on a very high ethereal plane. Here
are my questions and comments:
- The cosmic life control units are physical and said to be associated
with material units in the cell nucleus and nervous system. Precisely
what are they and how can we find them experimentally?
- Precisely what is the Sector 3 control unit? Is it simpie or componnd?
If it is non-spacetime how can it interact with a space-time unit?
- How can there be a sector completely outside of space-time? Wouldn't
it be more likely that our 3space-time is embedded in a 4-space-time
and that all non-physical communications or interactions come from the
4m space-time dimension?
- The most critical problem of our time is not that of the relation
of science to religion. It is the ideological battle between individualism
and collectivism. Yet nothing is said on this.
- If the purpose of humans is the evolutionary development of ethical
personalities, this would appear to imply that there was a creation
of the universe, for that purpose.
- There must be overall conservation of Sector 3 control units. How
does this fit in with the scheme?
- It is collectivist to assume that there is one purpose for all of
- After the universe reaches the stage where every personality is ethical,
what then happens?
- Isn't the seeking after Truth a very important human purpose too?
- With reincarnation, obviously some individuals will have a vastly
greater capacity for ethics, right from birth. Yet we know that all
individuals pass thruough the same stages of ethical development, from
the work of psychologist L. Kohlberg. Most get to stage 4 and a few
get to stage 6, but no one (so far as we know) skips any of the stages.
- Aren't the sudden flashes of light just multiple neurons
firing when some brain circuit loop closes?
- Ethics appear to be more about means than ends. Certainly there are
ends to a person's life, too. For example, your purpose was and is to
develop the Reciprocal System.
- Engineers and entrepreneurs of the past 200 years have done more for
humanity than all the priests, ministers, rabbis, etc., have done over
the past 3000 years.
- Shouldn't prayer be a self help device to improve eithical living,
rather than the worship of some omnipotent being?
- Could the interaction of the Sector 3 control units with each other
constitute the Deity? Perhaps, rather than God is dead,
God is yet to be born.
- Verbal transactions are important to ethics. I have been assaulted
verbally much more often than physically. What about this subject?
- There is no mention of S. Alexander's metaphysics or that of A. N.
- I'm happy to see that you raked the existentialists over the coals;
I can't stand them either.
- Is the selection of a host planet for reincarnation an assignment
or a random process?
- Might not some individuals move in the opposite direction and become
less ethical over several lifespans.
- What happens when the individual becomes fully ethical but enjoys
being in a body and doesn't want to be liberated?
- If there is no deciding ego, how is the choice made hetween the biological
control unit and the ethical control unit?
- Individuals that process an unusual amount of information during
the day seem to require more sleep. How does the theory account for
- If the angels of the metaphysical realm have all kinds
of technical answers for us why can't they find a better means for giving
us all these answers?
- What about the value of individual liberiy and individual rights?
Nothing is said on this.
I hope you find these questions stimulating, not irritating. Please reply
at your convenience.
Ronald W. Satz